Thursday, April 26, 2018

Minimalist Bento


I could not remember the last time I made a bento lunch.  But the moment I saw the Chef Bento Contest organised by Bento & Co, I told myself that I must give it a try.   It was like a push button that flashed back loads of fond memories in the preparation of many bento lunches for my boy.  Interestingly, this year contest required participant to submit a 'before' and 'after' pictures each.  Feeling overwhelmed with excitment, I forgot to present the bento box in the 'before' photo.  Oops! Nevertheless, it still worth all my effort because my big boy enjoyed eating the bento, including Papa who came home out of the blue for lunch.

The star of the bento is the tofu chicken patties which I adapted the receipe from Just One Cookbook.  Healthy and high in protein.  It had become one of our favourite dish on our dining table. It was a simple bento that anyone could assemble.  Nothing fancy and hence, the theme was 'Minimalist Bento'.

Before

After





No comments: