Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thai chicken sandwich

# 349
This Thai chicken sandwich was simply bursting with flavours.  If I had some fresh mint, that would be divine!!  I was surprised that the pandan flavour bread actually paired well with Thai chicken. Even my 6 years old boy agreed with me.  It was not a planned menu.  I was just clearing whatever I had in the food cupboard.  I used the chicken marinade which I found in Just One Cookbook (omitted the salt in the marinade) and then pan-fried the chicken thigh on my HappyCall pan.  Made pickled julienned carrots with some rice vinegar and sugar.  Cut some fresh red pepper into strips.  Spread butter on the side of the pandan flavour bread and toasted it till brown. Layered all ingredients and spooned some Thai chilli sauce over it.  Tata, our Thai experience!

Thai chicken marinade (I used 2 chicken thighs)

Ingredients

  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 scallion, chopped
  • 1 tsp. corn starch

  • On the side were some Korea strawberries and Australia sugar prunes.  We were blessed that Singapore imports all kinds of fresh fruits around the world.

    My boy started Term 2 of his Primary school education.  He was still happy-go-lucky child.  Occasionally, he forgot to hand in his homework or bring stuff required for the lesson.  No pressure cooker at the moment.  He was confident buying food at the school canteen (not so blur in Term 1).  I am glad he picks up silent reading on his own now.  Papa bought several Geronimo Stilton storybooks over the last two years and he was not ready to read on his own yet back then.  However, we did it as bedtime story, with me reading it aloud.  Beginning of the year, my boy has to bring a storybook that he like to school everyday for silent reading in the hall before the actual lesson starts in the morning.  As the time passed, he began to show interest and rediscovered the fun, hilarious and adventurous elements in Stilton's book   Thanks to his school that helps him to cultivate the habit.


    No comments: