Thursday, January 5, 2012

Teddy Bear

Bento No. 158
This morning on the way to school, I turned on, 最爱97.2 FM and we were listening to Chinese New Year song over the radio.  My boy unexpectedly said he likes it and wanted more.  I was like "really??" and still could not believe my ears.  Reason being, he dislikes Mandarin all the times and always requested me to swtich to English songs when I attempted to turn on to Mandarin.

Above is a teddy bear made with brown rice onigiri with a red bow tie foodpick.  I cooked chicken thigh with potato (which I learned from Sanku who was here last month) and it was well hidden underneath the brown bear.  He also has green Japanese pumpkin (with skin on), blanched broccolli/sugar bean, strawberries and dragonfruits.  In fact, today's lunch has less meat and more vegetables.

This is the time of year, I need to get packing for the trip back to Malaysia for the Chinese New Year festive.  And we are looking forward because we are going to spend a few nights at Colmar Tropicale Berjaya before heading towards Penang.   I am sure my son would love it :)

No comments: