Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine

Bento No. 38
It's Valentine day!  But it is not a meaningful day for me personally.  We do not celebrate Valentine day after married.  The only excitement that sent my heart bumping would be in my early 20s.  I was still enjoying my singlehood; high teas and dates.  Not anymore now. 

Nonetheless, I prepare the lunchbox with a valentine theme; a heart shape made with chopped char siew.  I did it using a cookie cutter but the shape does not stand out prominently on the bed of white rice.  So I cut a little heart shape from a tiny piece of char siew and place within the big heart! Accompanied with flower shape carrot, blanched kailan and two Korea strawberries.  I told my boy it is valentine today and explained to him that 'people in love' celebrated.  He nodded.  I wonder if a three years old boy could understand the significance.

No comments: