|Bento No. 324|
1/2 portion of Sakura chicken
1/2 tsp sea salt (more or less to your tasting)
3/4 tsp grated ginger juice
1 cup uncooked rice
1 stalk of lemongrass - lightly pound
4 garlic gloves - lightly pound
3 slices of ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Rub grated ginger juice and sea salt onto the chicken and steam it. Retain the chicken broth to cook with the rice later. Plunge the chicken in ice cold water and set aside.
2. Add 1 tsp sesame oil in the wok. Fry lemongrass, garlic gloves and ginger till fragrant.
3. Add uncooked rice and continue to stir-fry for a few minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into the rice cooker together with the chicken broth (add more water or instant chicken stock if you did not get enough broth)
5. Once the rice is cooked, drizzle some sesame oil/light soya sauce on the steamed chicken and served.
I simply cut out some carrot flowers and arranged it together with some leaf shape Japanese cucumber, Shanghai green, chicken drumstick meat and rice in the box.