Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lion


Bento No. 32
I have been making animal shapes out of cheese lately.  With the handy vegetable mould and some free hand draw, I managed to do a decent one like this lion above.  It is made of orange and yellow Cheddar and Emmental cheese slices sitting on a bed of bowtie and spiral pasta.  I blanched some french beans and placed it in the lunchbox for the greens and added some carrot flowers.  The perfect natural environment for this amicable looking lion! Accompanied with tomato meat sauce and some Navel oranges in a separate container.

My boy was in his 'another' mood today. Not willing to walk but requested Mommy to carry.  Crying and whining on the way to the carpark.  I picked him up just before a few steps from the car and he stopped his tantrum. Oh boy!  I have a close shave with a car driving home that makes me thinking if displaying triangle/p-plate would avoid such incident.  Worst thing, I have forgotten to switch off my gas stove and my soup was cooking!  How careless!  It is really an eventful day for me.

2 comments:

Food For Tots said...

The lion looks very friendly and very appetizing too. Sorry to hear about that. I was also not mindful sometimes. Guess, being a multi-tasker is not easy at all.

Dragonfly said...

Thanks for the compliment! I was lucky that the pot of soup has not been burnt when I reached home. Now I stick a post-it note in the kitchen to remind myself. I wish you and your family a Happy and Prosperous Chinese New Year :)