Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dinosaurs - Stegosaurs


Bento No. 134
 I made this stegosaurs this morning for my boy's lunch.  Orange cheddar cheese for its plates and chicken hotdog for its legs and spots on its body.  I also packed some carrots, cucumber, cherry tomato and grapes as well.  I like it but my boy is full of criticism; face not looking correct, plates is not right, no spots on its body,..etc.  The only thing right for him is the spike on its tail which I inserted two musical foodpicks onto the bread.  Oh boy!  He has grown up so fast!  Probably too fast that I have forgotten he was no longer a baby ;P 

Whilst we were having breakfast this morning, I asked my son if he will take care of Mommy when we grow old. He just said 'No' honestly. Very disappointed and sad :(   One of the Chinese vitures is filial(孝), a respect for the parents and ancestors. He obviously does not have any now and I hope, he will learn in future.

I made two other bento this week; left is fried yellow rice with mix vegetable and char siew, right is soba noodles with blanched caixin, carrot, fresh shitaki mushroom and gyoza. 

Bento No. 135

Bento No. 136



No comments: