Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Baked salmon sushi and Apricots

Bento No. 219
Brought some Turkey apricots from NTUC over the weekends and it taste nice and not too sweet.  It somehow lifted the entire look of the bento today given its bright orange and near gold in colour.  What do you think? Besides the apricot, my son has his usual baked salmon sushi with cucumber, edamame and grapes. 

I was seriously dead tired from making my own milk loaf yesterday.  I have a bread machine at home which the receipe calls for bread improver which I do not use at all.  Therefore, it does not churn out nice, soft and fluffy bread.  I have also tried several receipes hoping to improve the texture but failed.  Whilst other receipe given by my Sanku has too much eggs and butter.  Then, I chanced upon this site http://happyhomebaking.blogspot.sg/2007/08/almost-square.html that uses the kneading method in the bread machine and the rest of the steps, looks simple and manageable.  I decided to give it a try.  My son also helped me in the process by punching out the air at the end of the first proofing of the bread. Oh boy, he enjoyed it!  The result was a soft and flavourful bread and best eaten when it was freshly baked from the oven.   However, it became drier the next morning.   Quite encouraged by it.  I would bake it again testing other methods.


We were at the playground near our neighbourdhood yesterday evening.  It was our everyday routine;  walk my dog and bring my boy to the playground to sweat it out.  We saw a pair Lovebird!  One daddy has brought it to the playground and children were ecstatic and delighted to see the pair of Lovebird hoping and climbing trees.  They could not fly very high because their wings are clipped.  It was a lovely sight but I told my son that "It is like you have a pair of legs that cannot run".   




No comments: