Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dumplings

Bento No. 222

Dumplings - ya, I made a large batch previously and freezed it.  These yummy dumplings come in handy when I need to whip up a meal in a jiffy.  And at times, where I have no mood or clueless what to prepare for lunch or dinner.  This was the lunch I prepared on Friday for my son - soba noodles (hidden underneath), dumplings, carrots and broccoli with dipping sauce (for the cold noodles which I think I could further improve the concoction ;)  His fruits for this week were none other than apricot and grapes. 

I had my first health screening at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), Health Enrichment Centre.  Literally, there is no health check since I have stopped working.  And it has never come across my mind that I need one!    Until, my the other half emphasized that we had hit 40s and it is essential to make it an annual affair as part of our health regime.  Taking note that we still have a son to take care of for another decade or more, it is important for early detection of any medical conditions (we never know, touch-wood!) to minimise health risks.  At TTSH,  we were treated like a VIP, with porters (they called it) bringing, fetching and guiding you from one test to another.  Customer Services is excellent and comparable to a 5-star hotel. At the end of screening, there is even a well-spread breakfast awaiting for our hungry stomach (as we had to fast the night before).  And well, it also comes with a price tag.   Now I understand why Singapore is thriving on medical tourism.

No comments: